Tuesday, July 28, 2009

What's the buzz?

The afternoon was perfect, warm with a slight breeze. They asked if we could have lunch outside. I said sure, why not and proceeded to put up the new sun umbrella at the table. Without it, we would sure bake. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw him. The nerve of him, flying right by me and up into the loose piece of siding. Every summer I have to deal with them. Slowly moving the siding to check for damage, it happened.


The fucker stung me. Right on the back of my hand. Now, 24 hours later, it's still slightly swollen and it still hurts when I try to bend my fingers. When I'm just sitting there, it throbs a little and itches like all hell.

I've sprayed it twice and there is still one persistent little fucker in there, building away, oblivious to the poison that surrounds it. Tonight, I spray again.


I will be vindicated!

3 comments:

Clink said...

Oww! At least you got him though.

Anonymous said...

I got stung by one last week trying to take out the trash. On my hand.
I promptly sent my hubby out kill them all. They were nesting in the fence posts.

Swistle said...

Okay, we have these little bitches infesting our yard, too, and I am on my LAST NERVE. I found a nest INSIDE THE DOOR OF THE MINIVAN---like, tucked into the space where it closes. And we used to have plastic play equipment in the backyard, until those awful things LITERALLY FILLED UP THE ENTIRE HOLLOW INSIDES OF THE WALLS with nest.