Friday, March 07, 2008

Ladybug, Ladybug, fly away home

Ladybug, Ladybug, fly away home..

If your like me, it's that time of year that ladybugs have invaded your house. And while I know they're here, I tend to ignore them. I leave them in peace, crawling along the ceiling or walking on the window as I go about my day. Occasionally, if I see one in the sink or on the floor, I'll move it to the safety of a plant. And this seems to work.

Moe on the other hand, sees a ladybug and run in the opposite direction screaming her head off while hysterically crying. I've gotten her the tolerate them in the same room as her, as long as they stay on the ceiling. She has even gotten to the comfort level of having them on the floor, she just gives them a real wide arc as she walks as far away from them as possible. This was all fine and dandy until yesterday. I put her upstairs for her nap quiet time and just as I was settling down to rest myself I heard

"THERESALADYBUGINMYROOM. GETITOUT. LADYBUG. WAHHHHHHHHHHH. LADYBUG."

This was as she's sobbing and flying out of her room. This came a day after she screamed bloody murder the whole ride from picking her sister up from school to dropping girl scout cookies off at a friends house. Distance: 1 mile. Time: Under two minutes. Cause: There was a ladybug on the window but not touching her.

We finally told her to suck it up. It's a ladybug. It's not going to eat her, bite her, sting her or suck her brains out.

Hopefully she grows out of it before spring comes and the bugs REALLY come out.

On aside note, it's odd to see her afraid of bugs (and it's not just ladybugs, it's spiders, ants, anything). Her sisters LOVE bugs. Einey is always finding something and with the amount of time spent outside, I hope she outgrows this phase soon!

No comments: