Tuesday, October 06, 2009

School Picture Day

Today is school picture day.

Last night I was at book club and we were talking about school pictures. One mom mentioned taking her boys for haircuts. Baths were mentioned. New clothes. Putting the kids to bed early.

I sat back, listened and thought "SHIT".

My girls haven't had a fresh haircut (done by someone other then them self) in awhile. Baths were doe the night before, so didn't even think about doing them again. No outfits were layed out. No new clothes purchased. We'll probably be scrambling in the morning. What was I thinking? Ahhhhhhhh!

But I'm happy to say, the girls picked out some nice outfits, didn't spill food on themselves (maybe I should have had them wait to get dressed?) and their hair looked cute. As long as they don't make any funny faces, we should be all set!

Honestly, I'm not a big fan of school pictures anyway. We dutifully buy a package when offered and send them to relatives as requested. But to me, those aren't my kids. I'd rather take my own shots and print them to go out.

These, these are my girls...


I was outvoted and told that I cannot use this as our Christmas card photo this year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey but that would be a realistic picture for the card.