Wednesday, September 02, 2009

If you ever ask me this, I'll probably deny it

but I miss my kids.

There are no cartoons blaring in the background. No bickering over toys. No demands for food even though we just ate. No fighting. No messes. My house is clean, I;ve been working room by room since school started and amazingly, it's not destroyed 5 seconds later. The floor is not longer sticky. The toilets are flushed.

The silence is deafening. More so then any of the above could be.

My job here is done. I know I cannot do this anymore every day. I need to get out.

2 comments:

Suburb Sierra said...

Gasp. Your floors aren't sticky? That is my dream next week once we are back full-time!

Stimey said...

Woman, you are living the dream. Stop cleaning and take a nap.

I am already counting down the days until school starts next year and all my kids are in school. It's so close I can almost taste it.