Thursday, December 10, 2009

Anatomy of a Snow Day

6:00 am Wake up and find out there's no school. Checked online, which they switched this year and was a pain to navigate. Cable is out.

6:20 am Kids wake up

6:50 am Kids ask if we can go outside

7:00 am - 9:30 am Lounged around, watched DVD's ate poptarts. I shoveled the driveway so the mechanic could come get the van for service (nothing like waiting until the snow falls to replace the brakes!).

9:30 am Finished watching Merry Madagascar for the fifth time this morning.

9:45 am got dressed and went outside. Sled down the neighbors hill and made 2 snowmen. Which is 2 more then last year. And the year before.





11:00 am Came in and made hot cocoa. After I cleaned up the water that spilled every where while we were outside. I think I may spoil them with the hot cocoa I make :D (photo reused from last year)

After that, times get fuzzy.

We finished a craft. Ate lunch. Watched some more DVD's. Played some games. Made chocolate chip cookies. Made creepy crawly bug things. Started some laundry.


Overall, it was a great relaxing day. One kid was a tad whiny, but they woke up early. I found ignoring her stopped her quicker then arguing with her. Because you know, me laughing when she told me she doesn'y like her build-a-bears staring at her didn't help. Of course, by the end of they day, they were kind of wound and bouncing off the walls.

This morning was back to school as usual.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Um, I have never SEEN hot cocoa that pretty.

Unknown said...

That is the prettiest cocoa ever. our day was similar. My kids were in the snow bright and early. No snowman here yet though.