Thursday, March 03, 2011

Spring Cleaning - Day 2




The mess

I know technically that I should be on day 3. I have a perfectly good excuse for missing yesterday. The Big Kid had surgery yesterday morning, which meant we had to wake up waaaay before the sun to leave for the hour long drive to the hospital. Once there, we were admitted, he was worked on and we headed home. After having lunch, I slept for a good 3 hours, in which it was time to collect the kids from art club and a friend's house, do homework, eat dinner and bring the kids to theater. After watching Survivor, we both crashed. The Big Kid is sore, but feeling better.

After cleaning the 1st time

Today I tackled the closet in the upstairs hallway. Being an old house, closet space is very sparse. This particular closet is in the center of the house, easily accessible and thus a collection spot for all sorts of junk. Initially, I cleaned it out, organizing the toiletries all on the top shelf. Then I thought of the unused closet that Moe was using as stairs in the previous post. being that it is ACTUALLY in the bathroom (although a tad of a tight squeeze to reach) all we use if for is towels. the top two shelves were essential empty. So I moved all the toiletries into there - so that when one wants soap or tooth paste or deodorant, they don't have to walk across the house.

End result (That large cream comforter set was given to us on our wedding day 11 years ago. We've never used it. As soon as I can find a home for it, it is going)

So I organized TWO closets and had one more bag of trash to toss. Tossed were old toiletry items given to use but never used, empty bags, plastic covers to containers no longer owned and some fake flowers (the same flowers we brought for Einey's flower boxes in her room waaay back when she was a wee toddler. The same flowers that she decided to shove up her nose which resulted in a trip to the emergency room and nasal extraction after being put under).
Bathroom closet before (ignore the ugly 70s wall paper)

Towels section re-folded
Newly organized toiletries

The trash

What did you clean today???

1 comment:

Creative-Type Dad said...

The only thing I've cleaned today is my hands.
And a bags of chips.

Really good chips...