Earlier this week, the Big Kid and I volunteered at the local food pantry's annual Thanksgiving food distribution which takes place at our daughter's school. New reports say that they provided a Thanksgiving meal for over 400 families. The Big Kid and I came away from that with a new sense of appreciation for what we have, and look forward to volunteering in the future.
This year, I am thankful for:
- My family and friends. You guys have helped in so many ways over the past years, thank you!
- Our health - overall everyone is healthy. We've had bumps and bruises over the years, but nothing that is long lasting.
- Insurance - although we never expect to need you - those unexpected accidents would be a major set-back without it.
- That we have a roof over our heads and food in our pantry.
- That we may not have everything we want, but we have everything we need.
- That the Big Kid is finished with school and we are moving forward.
- My three wonderful, funny, amazing daughter's. When ever I'm having a bad day, you make my life a happier, brighter place to live in.
I wish everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving. Give thanks to what you have and those who love you.
Congratulations to the winners of my Shutterfly giveaway - Maureen B., Heather and Annette. You should have received your prize in an email yesterday.