Thursday, December 13, 2007

Winter Weather Rant

I'm glad to see snow. Really I am. I even went out and brought new sleds this morning. I can't wait until after nap time to go out and play with the kids.

But why, oh why, do you send kids home early because the roads are slick but NOT send out the snowplows before hand? We live close to the school - it normally tames me two minutes to get there. I live on a main road in town and have to briefly get on a main state road (one that is always on the list of most dangerous roads in the country). Yet when I went to pick up Einey at 12:45, none of the roads were plowed and no corners were sanded. Now the snow started to fall at 11:15. I had come home from a playgroup at 11:45 and the roads were not to bad. Forty-five minutes later, they were pretty slick (and yeah, the snow is coming down pretty hard and fast). It took me almost 20 minutes to make the 5 minute round trip drive. And the kicker - we've seen the plows (because the town owns several) out and about. Just not doing what they should be doing.

So again, why send school buses out on the crap-tastic roads without first treating them?

No comments: