Monday, October 16, 2006

School Picture Day

Today was the first of two school picture days for Einey. Apparently they do the whole class on day one and individual on day two. This is for a school of 175 kids. When I grew up and went to public school, I remember them doing the whole class and individual all in one day for a school of over 600 kids.

Today, Einey chose to wear a white shirt with green and pink flowers (a hand-me-down from her best friend in Virginia) and a new green and pink skirt I picked up on clearance at Sears along with pink tights with dark pink flowers and a pink headband. She looked very cute! For my kindergarten pictures, I wore a Winnie-the-Pooh dress. And yes, they still only have 4 backgrounds, a bluish-pink splash, autumn trees, blue and blue clouds.

This is the only year it will be like that. Next year, when she has to wear a uniform to school every day, the pictures will all be of here wearing a red plaid jumper and then, in the 7th and 8th grades, a light blue polo shirt and dark blue skirt. Hopefully we can come up with a way for her to keep her individuality!

Some things I remember about school picture day were the little black combs they gave everyone while waiting in line to get their picture taken, wearing a dress (I never wore dresses) and the line waiting. Our pictures were taken in the special ed room across the hall from the kindergarten classes and as we grew older, the gymnasium.

One memory I have of school pictures was not from me, but my sister. One year, my younger sister wore her pajamas under her clothes and it showed in her pictures.



So, what are your school picture memories?

1 comment:

Kristen said...

How funny that your sister wore her pajamas! Ours were always in the gym. I remember that so clearly. But, ugh...those pictures were awful!