Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Looking Up

Thanks for allowing me to rant the other day.

Things are looking up a little. No, he still cannot take his vacations. But he can carry over 2 for next year so he'll only lose one. And his book is almost completed. And with the schedule - he should be able to finish his hours before the end of the year.

In other news - we are taking the kids on their first ever mini-vacation (with the exception of visiting friends in VT). It will be their first ever stay in a hotel (with the exception of Einey who stayed at CocoKeys last year and whom I feel is setting her expectations WAY to HIGH!). Wish us luck and pray that we survive.

And lastly, unfortunately, with the revoked vacation next week, the Big Kid is no longer going to be killed by zombies. he had to drop the play. However, the girls will still be zombies. Please tell me they won't be scarred for life!

1 comment:

SciFi Dad said...

I think the zombie thing will still be awesome for the girls.

But about this vacation thing... I don't know about the US, but here in Canada vacation days are part of a contract, and I believe are considered compensation. There are provisions to take the unused vacation days as pay in lieu of time, but they cannot just disappear. Hell, when I quit my last job they had to pay out all my unused vacation.

I'd consider talking to a lawyer about this... 2 weeks pay is nothing to sneeze at.