Sunday, July 09, 2006

It takes time


As I look out over my yard, a yard covered in downed trees and knee deep wood chips, I have to remind myself, it takes time. In the time since the trees were knocked down, the change has been slow, but it shows.

Today was another day where best laid plans are just that, plans. My plan was to go out while Meenie and Moe were napping. That should have brought me a solid two hours to work. But as Einey and I carried the rakes down the hill, I knew it was a lost cause. The first sweep through the dead leaves, revealed a few earthworms, which Einey saw immediately. So as I raked, she played with her new friends. In the time we spent out there, I managed to get a small area on a hill cleared, some vines growing on a wall pruned and fieldstone moved to border what will one day be a beautiful flowering garden. And Matt even managed to help. He cut down the large forsythia bush that was just taking up space.

However, there was more items on our list to do. But as typical nature, they got derailed. Meenie woke up early and in turn, woke up Moe. After ushering them outside, they found the water rocket launcher. This in turn lost me all my man power as Matt eagerly helped them try out their new toy. As I listened to the laughter, I too, threw in the rakes.

And now, the list for tomorrow grows.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So I guess I have an excuse not to work then the package arrives?

;0)