Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Fleeting moments

After dinner tonight, we settled down to watch a little bit of Harold and the Purple Crayon. About halfway through, Moe climbed up into my lap and started to relax. As she snuggled in close to me, I could see her little hands slowly moving. It was as she was kneading something soft. She buried her head against my chest, and all I could smell was the fruitiness of her hair. It's moments like these where I want them to stay little forever. For Moe and I, it was a fleeting moment as she is usually way to busy to just sit with her mom. I'm glad I got to sit with her for just a few moments and hope she will crawl up onto my lap again soon.

1 comment:

Fairly Odd Mother said...

Lovely. I wish I could bottle those moments for the days when they are older and not so willing to slow down to be with us.