Friday, November 09, 2007

When toys are to dangerous...

You've all seen half of my playroom. Like many other households in the US, I've had my recent purge of lead tainted toys. Since the girls had outgrown the toys anyway, I opted not to "sell" them back to the manufacturer. Instead, I just tossed them.

So with Christmas right around the corner, a mere 46 days away, I need to start thinking about what to get the girls. While I'm not ready to boycott every Chinese made toy (Husband would kill me if he couldn't get his plastic-crack in) because the girls are not willing to part with their My Little Ponies or Little Pet Shops.

Our big plan is to get the girls a Wii. I mean, so far there have been no reports of Lead painted Wii's. And I'm pretty sure they won't be licking the disks. I guess the only thing we would have to worry about is visual induced seizures or couch potato syndrome.

As for Moe, I'd love to build this kitchen set. I've had the plans saved for about 3 years now but just haven't found the motivation to build it.

This post was written for the Parent Blogger Network's Friday Blog Blast with conjunction with the Consumer's Network for the theme: Getting the Lead Out.

For a completely un toy game Moe discovered with normal everyday items, click here. It's at the bottom.

4 comments:

Susana la Banana said...

Un-toy games and/or contractors are the BEST! We got some new sand in the playground of our apartment complex a few days ago, and my son watched the construction vehicles unload it and smooth it out for 30 minutes while I made and ate lunch. SO nice.
Will the Wii be a group gift to all your kids or to the family? Do you have to worry about them fighting over it?

Whirlwind said...

It would be a gift for all of them. It is multiplayer so i think that should stem the issue of them fighting over it.

Candace said...

you build stuff?
wow.
my kids are still too younf for a wii but I'd love one!
they still like the lead paint crap.

rebelmom said...

michelle is getting her family a wii also