Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Planted

I have been spending alot of time in my gardens lately. So much, that I think my hands are going to be dirt colored forever. The girls and I are sporting pretty good tans despite the amount of sunblock applied. A few dozen freeze pops have been consumed. Clementis and Diantus. Sunflowers and Gladioli. Dahlia's and a butterfly mix. Moonflowers and Morning Glories, just to name a few. And of course, I finally got both my Lilac Bush and my Bleeding Heart Bush (actually, my MIL brought me one for mothers day and I brought a pack of 3 bulbs). SO those are in the ground as well.

Today I finally put the sunflowers we started months ago into the ground to form our Sunflower House. I have them staked into the ground, so hopefully they'll survive, I'm not the best at starting things indoors. Just to be on the safe side, I threw some extra seeds down. I have one more wall to plant, but I need to move some wood out of the way first.

And I think (I can't be sure because I didn't see) Meenie planted some Mammoth Sunflowers directly under the swing set. I hope not for our sake. I have thought of planting some morning glories next to the legs on the swing set, but I don't know how much it will climb.

No comments: