Monday, May 28, 2007

What have I gotten myself into...

I am a sucker for being involved.

Kids need baked goods for school - sure no problem
Homemade birthday invitations - Of Course
Dinner for a friend who has a new baby - What time?
Classroom Help - I'm there
Homemade Halloween Costumes - Well duh
Holiday Goodies- Baked and delivered in a basket by Dec. 24th

So it comes as no surprise that I am up to my eyeballs in stuff for daughter's Kinderbration- their end of the year celebration. There is 9 more days until the event. The theme: Kindergarten Kingdom. I have just finished designing the program for the event and am currently printing over 60 of the suckers. They are, of course, printed on 8.5x14 paper so they can be rolled as scrolls, like any good royal proclamation. So next up is rolling and tying them with ribbon.

After than, I need to work on the banner. Which hopefully makes it here tomorrow with the express shipping I paid. I shouldn't fear, Oriental Trading hasn't let me down yet. Once that comes in, I need to cut it to size, sketch "Kindergarten Kingdom" on it, and draw (i.e. make husband draw) castles on both sides. Add a few wishing stars, paint and glitter and it should be all set. Maybe some ribbon if I have any extra trailing from the sides.

Thankfully, I am not baking for the event, but I do have to go in and help set up early.

Oh crap, printer jam, I knew that would happen. Only 42 printed, thats why I start early. I still have time to fix it.

After that, it's time to plan for Meenie's birthday party. I have the plan in mind, just need to start working on the invitations....

No comments: