Tuesday, June 09, 2009

It's my birthday and

oh hey, look at that, it's not my birthday, that was yesterday. I was too busy relaxing and having fun to bother to visit. Sorry guys.

My morning started with my husband bringing me a HUGE caramel Latte and was followed by dropping all three girls off at school. Followed by 3 1/2 hours of peace and quiet. Then pick up one kid followed 2 hours later by picking up the other two. And then we hit the woods in search of fairies. We found a bunch and spent a long time taking a 2 mile hike. It was great. It was this super serene section of the Natchaug (aka Blue Blazed Trail) which ran along side vernal pools and rocky waterfalls. We hiked a mile in, the girls sat on a plank bridge and had a snack and we hiked back out. We found frogs, toads and more frogs. And then, of course, since we felt great after our hike, we stopped for Chinese on the way home. The day ended with a nice big glass of wine.

And cake - it's in the oven now (a day late but who can complain?). Super chocolate cake with chocolate chips, chocolate frosting and espresso ice cream.

1 comment:

Stimey said...

Sounds amazing! Happy birthday!