Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Tales of a Soccer Mom....

You know what I hate? People who cannot seem to get their head screwed on straight enough to do things they are supposed to do!

I'm on a board, currently serving as VP (a position I was nominated for, not one I ever really thought about). Now if you know me, I will generally volunteer to take on anything. And I will do my best to get things done. The Pres. of the board is a woman who likes to do things right away her way. So this board (and the first I've been on which does things this was) has a monthly meeting each month where they present things to the group. Only the board doesn't meet beforehand to discuss things. The board finds out about the said discussions the same time everyone else does. I've brought it up, but apparently no one (i.e. the Pres) doesn't see this as an issue.

Now I agreed to do a certain job, and the Pres. mentioned the location was secured, but she'd double check on a specific time for a specific section. Fast forward a month and I go to double check - "we'll I never checked, YOU"ll have to do that". Well Thanks a FREAKING lot, you could have told me that a month ago!

It's not the first time this has happened and for some reason, it keeps getting assumed that I'll do other duties that were never asked of me (I find out fro ma friend who happens to be on those committees that yeah, I'm supposed to be checking things for a different event). WTF? The other event is conveniently scheduled for Father's Day because apparently, in this male dominated group, the Pres. didn't see anything wrong with it on that day. I mean who doesn't want to spend Father's Day at a specific event? Apparently me. But you know, my opinion doesn't count.

Guess I need to go back to school to learn how to be a mindless-zombie-follower-who-is-not-allowed-to-you-know-have-a-brain-that-works!

Here's to hoping someone contests my spot at the end of the season!

1 comment:

PinksandBluesGirls said...

I love your mindless-zoombie portion this post. It sucks to be in positions like this... I hope it gets better. And who the hell would do something on Father's Day? Nuts!
Love your blog...
best,
Audrey