Sunday, July 20, 2008

Looking to the future...

Do you know what I am looking forward to when school starts? Doing a big, full scale frontal attack on the playroom. I cannot wait to organize, clean out and toss old toys. I walk in there and see the mess - not messy per say, as the girls have been doing a helluva job keeping it picked up - if you've seen the playroom, you know what I'm saying! - but since I've taken a step back and let them clean up - things aren't always put back in their proper place . Anyway, I walk in and have to force myself not to start organizing. I've learned the hard way not to even try to attempt when they (or Husband- he seems to want to keep everything as well) are home. So I'm waiting and keeping myself busy - in the garden, making school clothes, playing with the girls - until after Labor Day when all three girls will be in school.

Until school starts - I'm not even going to bother. Heh we'll see what it looks like come the end of August....

I know Husband expects me to try and pick up some morning hours subbing while Moe is in school, but I've got my priorities. And that's tackling the playroom. And then the girls' rooms (Einey's room still has some of Moe's toys and the other room has toys that should come downstairs, etc).

5 comments:

J. said...

I would give anything to have a playroom your size, but...

I can tell you that I completely understand! My grandson (who is a month younger than my son) has just spent 2 weeks here, and as a result, JRs bedroom & the playroom downstairs are both trashed! It's so much easier keeping after one lively 5-year-old than 2! He left 15 minutes ago and I'm already cleaning JR's room!

Anonymous said...

Getting everything organized is definitely a good feeling! I can see why you'd want to wait until school starts, though!!

Creative-Type Dad said...

If my daughter ever visited your playroom, she would never leave.

Whirlwind said...

CTD - Yeah, we get that alot from friends, especially one's visiting for the first time. Funny thing is they remember exactly where toys are supposed to be. We have kids come over and ask "where is the box of cars that were on this shelf" or where did the superheroes go?" Don't let those pictures deceive you though, it's at a very messy state right now with toys all over the floor and put haphazardly back on shelves. I'll have to take a few pictures and put them up later.

OCG - Oddly, it's usually cleaner after we've had guests.

Greens and Pinks said...

I have massive playroom envy. That is all!