Thursday, September 06, 2007

If the Shoe Fits.....

Last week at soccer practice, I could not figure out why Meenie was just shuffling her feet as she ran. She is always full of energy and just plain moves! I finally realized that it must be the shoes. A trip to the sports store for new cleats and yup - I was squeezing her feet into shoes a size and a half too small. Einey needed bigger shoes as well.

It only made sense that if I brought new (bigger) sneakers that they would need bigger cleats.

So now in addition to the two pairs of barely used black tap shoes size 10, I have 2 pairs of cleats, worn one season. At least Moe can wear one of the pairs when she gets bigger.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know what frustrates me? How shoe sizes run big or small depending on the company. I hate having to try on a million pairs in the store!

Jane, Pinks & Blues Girls

Jonathon Morgan said...

That's the only time it occurs to me to buy my daughter new shoes, too. All of a sudden she's walking funny...

Fairly Odd Mother said...

I know! My 6yo is already in a 3! Thank goodness we have friends with an older son and they have offered to pass down his old soccer shoes to us. It stinks to buy new shoes that she'll wear just a few times (Mia Hamm she ain't!).

Jenifer said...

Well.... if you can't find a use for the tap shoes.... Paige will be taking tap next year, and she's an eight and a half now.....

I'm just sayin. :)

Kristi B said...

Thank goodness for eBay!

On another note, thank you for stopping by my blog. My poor dh, he's still suffering. Ah, the life of a doctor. I'm just grateful that he's not jaded. Some docs, I'm sure, are hardened to this type of experience and he thankfully isn't. It's harder to care, of course, but so much more human. I'm grateful to be married to such a wonderful man!