Wednesday, August 30, 2006

First Day....


Today was Einey's first day of school. Full day kindergarten. She has never been to any type of school program and was excited to start. She's has been patiently counting down the days for the last 2 weeks and calmly waiting for the last year. It is still hard for me to believe that she is old enough to be in school.

Those who know me will be surprised to hear that I did it with no tears! I calmly walked her to her classroom door, said goodbye and watched her take off into the classroom to find the seat with her name on it at one of the tables. Then I turned and walked down the hall to where my husband was waiting.

Last year, just the though of kindergarten would cause me to have an anxiety attack. "What school should I send her to - public or private?" "What will I do?" "I'm going to miss her." "Should I homeschool?". Those were just a few questions running through my mind. I was a wreak! And I wasn't worried about her at all. I knew she would have fun, I knew she would make new friends, I knew she would enjoy it. It was me that couldn't accept the fact that she was old enough. One of my friends told me "We are going to have to sedate you when it's time for Moe to start kindergarten".

To keep myself occupied, I met a friend at the track by the local playground and walked for awhile. Then we went to a playdate at another friends house. The six hours she is in school doesn't seem as long if there is something to keep me busy.

But the long anticipated day has finally arrived. And there was nary a tear shed.

2 comments:

Binky said...

I don't know how you did it without crying! I'm glad it wasn't too traumatic. I'm sure Einey had a fabulous time. It's a new era...

Wildefrost said...

Good for you! I bet she had great stories to tell about her first day when she got home.