Monday, December 25, 2006

Happy Birthday Einey!

Five years ago, giving birth was the last thing on my mind. I was looking forward to spending what would be the last Christmas as just a married couple with the Husband, sleeping in and visiting family.

Einey had other plans. She wanted out! Due on January 21st, when I awoke Christmas morning to my water breaking, lets just say, I was in shock and no way ready to be a mom yet. There was too much to do. In fact, I was in denial. I woke up around 8:00 am when my water broke. I went to the bathroom and then crawled back into bed. About 10 minutes later, after realizing what actually happened, I woke Husband up. he felt the need to take a shower and putz around before bringing me to the hospital. My contractions started around 9:30 when we arrived at the hospital. Since my water broke, I was automatically admitted. We spent the day progressing and at 3:47 pm after only 45 minutes of hard labor, a 6 pound 8 ounce, 21 inch long Einey was born. She had to be taken to the NICU for the first 12 hours due to some breathing issues which I believe were due to her being born early. But everything corrected on its own. She was admitted back to the hospital on New Years Eve due to Jaundice. Nursing was not at all what I expected and I only nursed her for 6 weeks. If only I knew back then what I know now!

She has grown so much in these past five years. She is on the small side for her age and the youngest in her kindergarten class, but that doesn't stop her. She is beginning to read and loves to read to me before bed. She is counting and telling time, tying her shoes and getting dressed on her own. There are so many ways that she doesn't need me anyway, but she still loves to take time and snuggle.

She loves taking jazz, tap and ballet lessons as well as playing soccer and swimming. She loves singing and video games. She loves trying new things and isn't afraid of doing things on her own.

Happy Birthday Einey! I hope all your birthdays are full of love and happiness. Keep smiling and don't be afraid to try new things!

Love Mommy!

1 comment:

Jenifer said...

I didn't know she was a Christmas baby :)

Happy Birthday Einey!!!!