Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Snow Day

Yesterday was one of the most relaxing, fun days we've had in a long time. Laughing and smiles were on every face for the majority of the day. There was no screaming, yelling, hitting, or little monsters to be found.

What made yesterday different from the rest? Einey had a snow day from school and Husband happened to be home as well. We mad e big breakfest and got ready mid morning. Then we took the kids to a nearby school to go sledding. What I thought would be a quick outing cut short by cries of "I'm cold" lasted close to 1 1/2 hours. It ended in a few tears but the were tears of "I don't want to leave". But it was lunch time and nap time and mom and dad (who don't have snow pants) were getting cold.

We all took turns going down the hill in the sleds. Husband and I switched of sliding with Moe while the two older girls went down on their own and trekked back up the hill. We had normal sleds and a thin, plastic on you are supposed to kneel on. It ended up with a huge tear in it, but Meenie still used it anyway. It was her favorite one! At one point, I was laying down on that sled and going down the hill with Meenie on my back! I haven't been sledding in close to 13 years. I forgot how much fun it was. And work too. My arms were killing me after that work out. From holding onto the sled to running across the field pulling the kids.

We came home and sipped hot cocoa with marshmallows with our meal. It was the best day we've had in a long time!

Today's project is going to be building a snowman when Einey gets out of school.

No comments: