Just what do kids learn in school these days?
I'm constantly amazed at what Einey learns in school. I'm more amazed that these little things surprise me.
1. Reading: Einey's reading constant amazes me. No longer can I keep things from her "No that paper doesn't ask if you can go to a party", spell things I don't want her to know or write things down without her reading it. Don't they teach these things in oh, I don't know, sixth grade now?
2. Telling Time: Gone are the days when I can arbitrarily say it's bedtime. No longer can I use the setting sun (which is going down earlier and earlier now - pretty soon to be setting around 3pm) as an indicator. "But Mom, it's not 8 o'clock yet."
3. Healthy Eating Habits: Hey Einey, why didn't you eat your string beans today? Well, X doesn't like string beans. They're not X's string beans, they were yours. Yes, said conversation happened. So much for resisting peer pressure.
4. Competative sports: Did you know speed stacking was a competative sport? Apparently they even have big tournaments.
5. Music: Einey learned a new favorite song: "Yankee's up, Red Sox down" that she likes to chant over and over. We don't even watch baseball.
6. Science: Did you know A pulled out her tooth today in school? Hey C threw up in school. It was gross. Only in first grade would they be amused by this!
7. Geography: She's learning where places like Disney World, and Maine and California are. And of course with it, also comes wanting to visit these destinations.
But most of all, she's learning to have fun in a safe, enjoyable environment. She's learning more than I can ever imagine and is always happy.
This post brought to you by Parent Bloggers Network and Scholastic.com Parents .